I grew up believing bad things happened to people. Every day.
And that I was also one of those people that bad things happened to. And that bad things were just going to happen because after all it was a cold, cruel world and no one could be trusted.
How do you think my life was with that kind of limiting bullshit running me?
It wasn’t pretty.
Because I deeply believed that in general people were not to be trusted and bad, and that bad things happened to people, myself included – that’s exactly what I experienced.
People close to me got diagnosed with this terrible thing and that terrible thing all the freakin time. Friends and family were cheated on, ripped off – you name it – I was surrounded by my beliefs that bad things happened to people. The news assaulted me with daily stories of harm and violence.
And then me. Oh wow, the “bad” things just wouldn’t stop.
I was cheated on. I was lied to. I was ripped off. Money didn’t hang around. Neither did men or jobs or friends.
It was a cold, cold world after all and thus that’s exactly what I experienced.
My conversations with “friends” and my therapist consisted of listing all my ails and torments along with a heavy dose of blame. I felt exhausted all of the time (I wonder why) even though during this time I was 17-28 and incredibly young.
Near age 28, I started getting tired of my own story. I was exhausted by my complaints and by all of the “badness” that I could do nothing about. I mean, there were earthquakes happening and wars and people hurting each other and it was just all so overwhelming.
Then Spirit woke my ass up with a health crisis. And an okay, but not quite relationship that needed to end. And a business that I was working 50-60 hours a week at but only making $3,000 a month from.
I was introduced to the movie The Secret and the concept of the Law of Attraction and I was captivated. Was it possible that by thinking differently I could have different results in my life? I received a psychic surgery from John of God …and if you would like to know more about My Story, check it out here.
Since my life was straight up disaster-ville at that time, I decided to try changing my perception on for size…and I’ve never looked back.
Here’s what I’ve discovered, and it could save you 11 years of pain and suffering – at least – if you’re ready for it, that is:
- How we view life is the bulk of what we experience. When I thought bad things happened and people were bad, that was what I lived day in and day out. More days than not life was not working out for me or anyone else around me for that matter.
- Life is only ever what your perception of it is. No joke. If you think life is shitty and bad things happen, and that darkness plagues our world that will be your experience of it, pure and simple.
- You are literally creating your reality when you approach the world as “good” and “bad”. These 2 opposing labels limit you significantly, including limiting what’s possible in your life. And you’re not doing anyone else any favors either. As I’ve learned in my expanded “work” with Spirit, you are also contributing to creating more “badness” in the world through your thoughts as such because that energy ripples out into all of your interactions and experiences. Which, btws is not cool, so stop doing that.
- You can change the physiology of your body through your thoughts and beliefs. Meaning that your cellular structure and body / brain chemistry will adjust and change to match the thoughts and beliefs you focus on! You literally can make yourself sick and weak or not. Dr. Masaru Emoto’s work illustrates this beautifully – we are 90% water as human beings and where we focus literally shapes our physical bodies.
- YOU are the only one that can think your thoughts and choose your beliefs. This is the control you do have in life. And when you begin to actively work with this knowledge your life will radically transform, if you want it to.
So whatever lens you choose to view your life through will literally be your experience.
But we are going to take this a step further … because you can handle it.
Since our perception of what is happening is what creates the meaning of it and this perception is one of the only things we truly control, try this on for size:
What if nothing bad is ever happening to anyone, no matter what it is that is happening?
What if every single thing that happens in your life is happening because it is serving you in living the fullness of this life experience that you intended before you came here?
What if every single thing that is happening “out there” in the world is happening because people are playing out their beliefs and dramas and fears with each other and ultimately whether in this life or the next – it will lead them to where they most desire to be?
We could just as easily see the “bad” as an opportunity (right along with the “good” or any other label we use) – an opportunity to step up into our greater purpose and be of service to others, to see it as an opportunity for our collective consciousness to choose a higher/more aligned set of belief systems and thoughts, an opportunity for us to open our hearts and love more deeply.
Now, there are definite grumblings from those who lean towards what they call “realism” (I used to say all of the time “I’m not negative, I’m just realistic.” I swear my gag reflex just kicked in as a I typed that… ;)) insisting that this kind of opportunity/Higher Consciousness-based belief system creates apathy and is rooted in an attempt to avoid or “bypass” helping others and doing our civic duties.
Because when you know there is a Higher Purpose in place, you don’t avoid or bypass, you lean in.
When you understand the principles of Spirit (non-physical energy) and of Source (God/Higher Power energy), you can see the birds-eye view that yes whatever is happening is happening for the individual(s) and then connect to ,“and how am I to be of upliftment and positive service to whatever is occurring if I feel called to do so?”
When you are the one “it” is happening to, you lean in to what is happening. You feel the emotions, you cry the tears, you get the feelings out in a healthy, non-harmful-to-anyone-else manner and then you ask, “where am I being guided to from this experience? How can I let whatever this is be an opportunity for me to know myself, my path and those around me on a deeper, expanded level?”
The way to never have another “bad” thing happen in your life is to abandon the notion that “bad” things ever occur. And to instead see life as Source sees it – this grand adventure with all sorts of dramas (if we choose, cuz hey drama can be “fun!” and mildly addictive – but that’s a post for another time) and ideas and possibilities and opportunities.
What perception will you choose?
Will you choose like I did in the first chunk of my life to believe that it’s a dark and cold world and thus have dark and cold outcomes? Or will you choose like I did once Spirit woke my ass up to play with the possibility that you are so powerful that you can change your reality by shifting your thoughts and focus and language?
There are so many benefits to seeing life through a Source perspective, that it has elevated my life in incredible ways:
- The first interesting byproduct is that less “bad” shit happens in your world when you choose to see life through this Source/Light perspective. It just happens. Less drama, less pain and suffering, less feeling overwhelmed. Your stress level plummets. You breathe more deeply. You expect the best and usually get it. High-five Universe.
- Second benefit is that when shit goes down, you can pass up the drama and go right to, “what is the opportunity that is being presented to me?” Because you know you live in a benevolent Universe you can start by remembering that if it’s happening to you or to someone you care about or in the world (like the terrorist attacks) that there is a deeper wisdom at work. There is more happening in those situations than meets the eye. And if it is your situation, it’s your responsibility to open to the opportunities that are before you. And if it’s someone else’s situation there’s no way for you to have access to all of the pieces at play so you can instead surround them in love and be of service to them in all of the ways you feel called while they do their spiritual “work” (or not) to access the opportunities before them.
- Third benefit – life becomes more fun. You laugh more, you cry a lot more happy – or what I call – Soul tears. You realize it’s all happening for you and therefore since we are all connected it is happening for everyone else as well. Then, you allow yourself to engage the Magic of life and trust that we’ve been taking it all way too seriously and harming ourselves and each other unnecessarily. Instead we can laugh, we can love, we can be of service. It also makes it far more easier to surrender and relax and chill. These are all things I didn’t even know I could do (like relax, without substances no less!) until I aligned with this Spirit-led path.
The other thing I’ve noticed is that when you look at the most balanced and successful people in the world – they know this. They are not caught up in negativity, they are not caught up in darkness and drama. Truly happy, joyful people know this truth and they live it. Think of someone you view as happy and joyful in the world. What are they doing? How are they living? Let that inspire you to choose to see the opportunity in all that transpires in your/our world.
I had to decide if I was going to be happy and joyful or if I was going to argue to be right and stay miserable.
Miserable wasn’t working out so well for me. My life was not successful.
So instead, I chose happy. I chose joyful. I chose abundant.
And my life is unlike anything I could have ever imagined it to be.
It’s peaceful, it’s Soulful, it’s abundant and it’s all powered by Spirit.
Will you join me?